gorgeous one from China. You've got to go to his blog and browse the pictures. This photographer has an amazing eye. I'm going to use this with my students. Here is the process.
- Explore So pentatonic via our choral piece and improvisation exercises.
- Explore traditional Chinese timbres such as unpitched metal percussion
- Do steps 4-7 as a class then do step 4
- Students break into small groups and choose an envelop containing one of the pictures from the blog
- Students need to come up with a sound carpet and a melody using unpitched percussion, a xylophone, and a recorder
- Students add an element of visual such as dance, movement, puppetry, or other staging
- Students share their picture and their performance with the class